Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Ocean City, Godzilla & Camp Onawana

I didn't get a chance to blog about this (bad me) but after the long and very cold winter, I'm sure a lot of people will agree - summer is here and I'm going to take advantage of this beautiful weather!

My daughter is so cute.  When she and my son get together and do an all day thing of nothing but nonstop fun, she calls it Camp Onawana days.  Well I had a Camp Onawana weekend.

BF and I were going to go across the bay and visit The Virginia Zoo in Norfolk until we heard Harborfest was that weekend so instead we headed for Ocean City, Maryland.  It couldn't have been a better day.  Here are a few pics:




And did I eat?  Omg, there is a stand that has fried chicken which is out of this world.  I ordered a breast, then walked down the boardwalk and grabbed some Thrasher french fries and loaded it with vinegar.  O.m.g.  Freaking fabulous.

Got home late, woke up to another gorgeous day (see below):

Absolutely beautiful.  Hopped on my bike, rode all the way to town and back, then went to see Godzilla at the theater.  Now I don't know if it was the theater or the movie, but that movie experience wasn't all that.  I know the island renovated the place but you just can't get the smell out.  After so many storms, that smell is baked right into the wood.  And the picture was smaller than what I was used to at the movie theater in Salisbury where we usually go.

Back to Godzilla, I don't know if anyone has seen it, but they might get a better experience out of the movie but it just seemed there was a disconnection with the characters.  If one died, there wouldn't be any tears because you hadn't connected with them and the same can be said with writing books.  I watched a wonderful Google Hangout today and I'll blog about that shortly but you have to get the readers to connect with those characters or they won't have a very good experience with your book just like I didn't have a very good experience with Godzilla.  It just seems like they played the same special effect over and over just in different locations.  Anyway, no thumbs up for Godzilla but two thumbs up for a wonderful weekend.

No comments: