Saturday, May 07, 2011

Girlfriends Gone Wild: Amish Country Bound!

My first trip of the year!  A couple of girlfriends and I are going back to the Amish country in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, this Wednesday!  We’ll be staying for 3 nights for some good old fashioned bonding, fun and mingling with the natives.  Last year almost to the day we paid our first visit and loved it.  So we’re going back.

Only this time it’s going to be a little different.  There’s a kid.  And a sister. Seems our girlfriend weekend is going to turn into a family affair.  I’m not so sure I’m too keen on it but I’m going to make the best of it.  Really, it’ll probably be fun.

Last time I blogged about going to Lancaster, I left out lots of neat pictures, so I’m going to include a couple now:

Inn Lancaster PA
There’s a story behind this picture.  One of the girls, Barbara, is terrified of heights.  This bed and breakfast was sitting waaaaaaaaaay on top of this huge hill with a very steep incline.  Kim, who was driving, and I decided we wanted to see it and poor old Barbara, I know she must have peed her pants.  I didn’t know she  could turn so many colors of white.  But…once we got up there, this is what we saw:

Lancaster farmland

Beautiful farmland.  We decided to ride around a bit and you would see the Amish out in their gardens or whatever.  What an experience.

So this time we’re going to change up on a few things.  We’ll be staying in the same place as it was clean and smelled good (you just never know), but instead of taking the guided tour we took last time, we’re going to take another guided tour but this one involves visiting a working homestead.  And I’d love a buggie ride at some point.

We shall see.  I’ll be blogging all about it when I get back. ;o)

No comments: