Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Cassie: My Little Christmas Miracle Dog

I have fantastic news.  The holidays and tours got the best of me and I couldn’t get over here to give you an update, bad me!  Cassie is great.  In fact, when the anesthesia wore off, she was better than great.  Her face completely changed back to a fun-loving dog – it was a Christmas miracle.
I’ve got a couple of pictures I’d like to show you.  This is the before picture with the tumor on her belly:
Cassie - tumor 
Cassie night before surgery

I wasn’t so sure how she was going to do that next day so I took plenty of pictures and video.  And here’s what she looked like Christmas morning, almost 2 weeks after surgery:

Cassie - Christmas '10 
Cassie Christmas Morning

CassieMax - Christmas '10 
Cassie (r) & Max (l) opening Christmas presents

So the doctor tells me he’s not sure if he got all the cancer out.  I guess that’s hard to know.  But I do know this much, my Cassie is alive and well at the moment and you can’t put a price tag on that.  I can’t imagine what parents of children who are terminally ill go through and it breaks my heart to know there are a lot of them out there.

Cassie is doing great.  She’s quicker and it’s like years were taken off.  She’s 13 and I know not everything lives forever, but if I have any power at all inside me, I will do whatever it takes to keep my babies alive unless they are suffering.  Then, it’s a whole ‘nuther ballgame I don’t even want to be at.

I hope everyone had a Happy Christmas – tomorrow is my update with pictures on one of the most beautifully decorated houses on Chincoteague Island.  Can you guess whose it was?  LOL, no, not mine, but you’ll find out tomorrow.

No comments: