Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Shirley Temple, We Will Miss Your Smile #shirleytemple

It is great sadness I hear of the news that Shirley Temple, the little girl who rocked our hearts, has died in her home at age 85.  I so can remember sitting on the floor in front of the black and white TV with rabbit ears in the back and escaping into a world of dance and theatrics.  All mothers wanted their children to grow up and be Shirley Temple, even my own mother bless her heart.  Little did she know, I didn't want to perform; I wanted to read. 

However, there were times when I'd climb to the top of the tree out back and sing from my heart, On the Good Ship Lollipop.  They were good memories watching Shirley dance across the screen.  May you find peace, Shirley, and you'll always be remembered.

Watching these videos take me back to my childhood:

No comments: